Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thank You for Your Responses

I've had several people contact me in regards to my public appeal for help on my next project, a fact which I'm very thankful for. If you've not heard back from me yet, a reply is forthcoming. I'll be spending the rest of the week examining people's samples and to allow a few more potential candidates to reply to request. Starting next week, I'll be contacting those whose work best matches what I want to do with the book and we'll see if everyone's requirements work together.

Just as a frame of reference for the cover piece, what I'll be looking for is something that could best be described as "high fantasy romance with a touch of the gothic," something not often seen in OSR releases so far. If this is more of your bag than the grungy adventurer/monster thing, by all means please drop me an email. I'm looking for something that woundn't be out of place in the company of these classic Dragon covers.




To get myself in the proper frame of mind for this, I'm off to see GWAR tonight.

OK, maybe that's the wrong strategy...

2 comments:

Lamentation said...

How can any strategy that involves seeing Gwar as prep be bad/wrong?

John Harper Brinegar said...

I don't know what you're planning to do, but if it's inspired by those Dragon covers I want a copy.